Food and drink on arrival
Food and drink availability April – October
The Ross of Mull is a remote area with a low population therefore there is a limited choice of shops and restaurants. If you are arriving by ferry from Oban to Craignure here is some information on food shops and eating out.
Food shops are few in South West Mull and close at 6pm (Sundays often only open from 12noon – 2pm). Achaban House has a guest kitchen, so if you have some provisions you can cook a meal on arrival if you wish; there are food shops in Fionnphort, , Bunessan and Craignure
- The Ferry Shop Fionnphort: 01681 700470
- Spar Shop, Bunessan: 01681 700252
- Pennyghael Stores www.pennyghaelstores.co.uk 01681 704229.
- Spar Shop Craignure 01680 812301
Local producers near Fionnphort
Call in at these two local producers to buy local fresh and frozen food – they are five minutes off the main road but tend to be open in daylight hours and unmanned with an honesty box. Provisions on offer can vary dramatically with the seasons.
Eating out in Fionnphort
On arrival at Achaban, you are less than a mile from Fionnphort where you can eat out
- The Keel Row is a very busy restaurant and pub which does not take bookings; your name will be added to a list on arrival with an indication of time to eat. The Keel Row also does take-away fish and chips. Facebook Page
- Ninth Wave Restaurant, Fionnphort: 01681 700757 www.ninthwaverestaurant.co.uk Reservation only (often books out well in advance)
- The Creel Seafood Takeaway, Fionnphort Pier: 01681 700312 (closes at 7pm) A range of hot and cold seafood and fish and chips.Facebook Page
- The Pier Snack Bar - if all you need is a sandwich and some lovely home baking and a coffee! (closes at 5pm)
Eating out en route to the ferry to and from Craignure