Winter Special Offers
Winter break offer; accommodation Fionnphort, Mull
Achaban House is open all year for exclusive use and individual bookings - a winter break can be idyllic in the Ross of Mull. Staying at Achaban House in Fionnphort is ideal accommodation for your winter break to Mull with easy access to Iona where the Abbey is open to visitors all the year round. Our winter break rates are on offer until February 28th 2018.
Amazing special rates for exclusive use for small groups, until February 28th
Achaban House is available for exclusive use for groups of 4 guests or more, with a minimum stay of two nights. We offer excellent value rates from November to February, which is ideal for a gathering of friends and family as well as special interest groups such as wildlife, walking, yoga, food, the creative arts, geology and history. The special rate for a group of four guests is only £120.00 a night for the whole house, with £25.00 for each additional guest. Please note that breakfast is not provided for whole house bookings - please get in touch with us to talk through your requirements.
20% discount for individual guest winter visits to Mull and Iona until February 28th
We offer special rates on bed and breakfast at Achaban House for individual guests too. We recommend a stay of at least 3 days to experience the Ross of Mull and that is why we are happy to offer a 20% discount on stays of 3 days or more
Ten great reasons to visit Mull and Iona in winter time
Winter is a great time of year to stay in Fionnphort and visit Mull and Iona, getting all the benefits of the wonderful natural environment of the Ross of Mull and a stay at Achaban House, while benefitting from a reduced price. Read ten good reasons to book a winter break at Achaban House:
- The roads and scenic places are very quiet; it’s very easy to explore the whole island of Mull – meeting very few cars on the one-track roads.
- There is always lots of wildlife around on Mull and winter is one of the best times of year to do some spotting. We can advise you on the wildlife hotspots, but you will see many rare bird species in and around Achaban and Loch Pottie.
- Iona is just a ten minute ferry trip from Fionnphort and the Abbey is open all the year round, but visitors are few.
- The winter weather is variable, but it can be glorious with crisp, clear days and stunning winter light and skies.
- Sunsets and sunrises are perfectly timed for breakfast and dinner
- With no light pollution enjoy dark skies and identify the stars and constellations
- There are several good walks from the front door of Achaban and many others if you travel by car. We can provide all the information you need.
- After an invigorating day out, come back to the welcoming warmth and comfort of Achaban and relax by a woodburning stove.
- Our guest kitchen is perfect for the convenience of preparing your packed lunches for a day outdoors or cooking your own dinner for a cosy night in.
- Our accommodation discount and guest kitchen make a stay at Achaban very affordable – you can also come by bus and ferry and save on transport costs.
If you would like more information, please get in touch, we are always happy to help.